Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model KSSP42qms- Side by Side Kitchen Aid Refrig. Interior…

Customer Question
Model KSSP42qms- Side by...

Model KSSP42qms- Side by Side Kitchen Aid Refrig. Interior lites and interior control panel at top will not light. Refrig and freezer are cooling fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was bot in 2005: Mod KSSP42QMS; Ser Qs0428067

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully, as it is on a farm way out.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing except I put in new bulbs, still no lite, then noticed the little temp lites, etc not working.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Appliance
5/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 25 days ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

This is a common problem and one a service kit has been designed for. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The control system in your refrigerator is having issues. Turn the main switch off (above the doors) for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. If no change, the updated control kit will need to be installed. The control kit is mounted in the upper area above the doors, behind the top cosmetic cover. The new kit comes with everything you need, including very detailed instructions (with pictures!).

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thank you. This unit is at our farm. It may be a few days before I can try this, but I will let you know what happens.
Best,
Gary

Sounds good, thank you!

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Since I will not be out at farm to try to turn refrig off for five minutes for some days, I cannot assess how we are doing. I will respond when I get out there.
Tks
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
See above. It will be a while before I can get to refrig. Pls do not send any more follow ups.
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 20 days ago

You must be seeing automated messages. I have not sent any. Any message from me will be in this thread, any other messages or emails are automated and I have no control over them. Reply back anytime and please ignore any more automated messages you may receive.