Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Jenn-air jdb1100aws? Works great until last night, started a…

Customer Question
Jenn-air jdb1100aws? Contractor's Assistant:...

Jenn-air jdb1100aws?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Works great until last night, started a load and heard a clang. my wife ran her finger under the round at the bottom and cut her hand on a piece of glass which we we pulled out. turned poer off and restarted, it started and then shut off. have never had to deal with you

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so ....

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

You say you started the unit it made a clang and shut off when it shut off do you still have lights illuminated on the control panel or did it go completely dead ?

lights still on

ok and the door seems to be properly closed ?

closed the door and it ran for 5 minutes. water drained and then it stopped and would not start again

you may have missed my last questions which was ,, and the door seems to be properly closed ?

I ask because if the door is not closed the dishwasher will stop and the control panel will still have lights on .

And the door switch could possibly not be fully latch so the unit starts but with water movement it just move the door enough for it to stop the dishwasher.

I closed it firmly,

ok so if your 100% sure the door is closed and staying closed the most likely issue is the electronic control board itself

I recommend replacing the electronic control board ..

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

what about the glass? Is there more and it is jammed? Easiest thing I could do is make a call and bring in a technician, really this is the advise I get????

what about the glass ?

If she pulled glass out of the sump that would mean that a glass had broken .

And if the unit starts the pump would not be jammed .

And I can not tell you if there is more glass in the pump or not you will need to take it apart and find out !

You do realize this website is a DIY appliance repair category correct?

You have asked your question on the website Just Answer ,there is a charge for this service.
You have asked your question on one of over 200 different categories on the website ,your question is on the DIY Appliance repair category .
This web site has nothing to do with any appliance manufacture ,and this website does not offer any in home service personnel to work on your appliance, this is a DIY appliance category where I would assist you in repairing your own appliance.

I will ask for a refund and I will make clear my disappointment and the waste of my time. I could have done a general search on the internet and recieved the same answer.