Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag Centennial SS# C51534247 Model# MVWC415EWO we

Customer Question
Maytag Centennial SS# *****...

Maytag Centennial SS# ***** Model# ***** we purchased this washer from Lowes in Lake Wales FL. It was returned to the store by a customer because it made too much noise

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We bought it some time in Nov 2015. We don't have the receipt. Lowes said there was nothing wrong with washer. When the washer is agitating it cause the lights to pulse. This has been going on for some time. We finally had a election come this last Tuesday & he couldn't find anything wrong with our wiring. He thought it sounded like the motor was dragging. So we need to know how much the cost would be. We sure hate to buy a new washing machine. Hope you can help!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We don't thank so. We could probably get some one else if it will save us money.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No we think that is it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.

I show a new drive motor for this washer the price of the part is $163.20 from one of the largest parts dealers in the U.S

If you would like a link to the part just let me know .

I can even send you a video showing how the part is replaced also !

How do we know that is the problem? Of course we will need the link. How much will it cost to have a technician come to our house & if that is the problem what would the labor cost be?

We do not know if that is the issue .

I`m only going off of what information you have given me .

That $163.20 motor if you call a servicer in to order it and replace it the part will cost you approx $300.00 and as for the labor that will depend upon what the average labor rate is in your area .

I`m in Michigan and the labor rate is $125.00 for the first hour and $100. 00 for every hour after that .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

And here is a YouTube video showing how to replace the part .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BemQU2CSZqU

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

Woody thanks for your help but I have another question what about the 10 yr warranty on drive motor & basket?

let me pull up that models warranty info BRB

yes that model does in fact have a 10 year warranty on the drive motor part only from the manufacture,