Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool cabrio is lighting up on the control board, the…

Customer Question
My whirlpool cabrio is...

My whirlpool cabrio is lighting up on the control board, the lid locks also,but nothing else after that ,just hear humming

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its about 4yrs old and the model # is WTW7600XW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The serial # is C03572006, i hope that helps, by the way is there a particular detergent that I'm suppose to use?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Does the lid lock light illuminate on the control panel ?

And this humming can you tell as to where it is coming from?

And do you have both hot and cold water supplies turned on to the washer at this time?

The Lid Light does light up and says" Lid Lock",The humming is come from the motor,I believe,and last the hot and cold water is turn on.

ok Yes on these low water usage washer you have to use HE type detergents .

And have you unplugged the unit for 5 minutes to try and reboot the electronic control board yet ?

If not let`s unplug or turn the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes or more ,then give it power and see if it does the same thing .
This unplugging for 5 minutes or more will hopefully reboot the electronic control boards memory.
Let me know what it does.

Not by phone at this time

If your referring to a phone call prompt or POP UPS ,I did NOT send that to you ,the website that WE are using does, NOT I!

Thank You so much,We will try your advice.

well let`s try the reboot if not your possibly looking at an issue with the motor (since it is humming ) or an issue with the transmission.

Does the washer even fill with water ?

No
But when we first plug it up,it ran water and started the cycle ,then after that ,it just hums and the water doesn't fill up.

ok and have you done the reboot yet?

Sir,its still acting the same,and no water is coming in,just the humming,Lid lock

ok so you have an electronic control board issue and you will need to replace it .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

also i discover when i am turn to normal,whites ,heavy etc... it only lights up on normal

that also a control board issue!

Thank You Again ,I will refer to Link.

No problem!

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,

I will still assist you, no extra charges .

But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

You should see a rating box ,just click on the rating box and it will open the rating window for you to than rate me .

Thank you in advance.