Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Samsung dryer stopped heating. Replaced element with

Customer Question
My Samsung dryer stopped...

My Samsung dryer stopped heating. Replaced element with service tech. After it was replaced it appeared to work but would have HE as an error code. We unplugged it and plugged it back in and now the error code does not come on, but, the dryer cycle does not stop. It gets down to the number one (1) on the display and continues running unless we open the door or turn off the dryer. It also appears to dry everything on high heat even if we set it to extra low or media heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

DV50f9a7evw/a2 this is the model number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm not sure. I was thinking about it. If its the control panel, that looks like it is easy to replace.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The only problem we had before we had the element changed was that it just stopped heating. The other problems started after we replaced the element.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I don't need a phone call. just send me the answer
5/31/2018
Appliance Technician: JIM SHIPLEY SR, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
JIM SHIPLEY  SR
JIM SHIPLEY SR, Home Appliance Technician

Hi my name is***** will be helping you today. HE is heater error you need to check for a vent restriction if no restriction than replace the thermistor.

The HE error does not come on anymore. I cleaned out the vent and it still came on so I turned the dryer on and off again and the error does not come on anymore. Now it just continues to run until we turn it off or open the door. It also seems to run hot on all heating levels.
Do I need to ask a different question?
It does not finish the dry cycle. It stays on the number one on the display and continues to run until we turn it off or open the door. If we shut the door it will continue and stay on the number 1 on the display which I think is the minute timer.
Do I need to get someone else or start another question?