Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just purchased a used Maytag from a local appliance store.

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a used Maytag from a local appliance store. It was delivered yesturda y morning. It was cold when I saw the unit on the showroom floor. The dials are set at midrange 4 but it is just barely cold. What could be happening here?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Pretty new. A couple of years...its one with the freezer drawer on the bottom.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No...but I am getting tired of being jerked around by poor customer service and warranties

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model # PBB2255GEW

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.
ok you say ((but I am getting tired of being jerked around by poor customer service and warranties))

if the unit is over 1 year old it is out of the manufacturer's warranty period .

And you are aware this website have nothing to do with Maytag correct?

Excuse me .. did you read my question?

Yes I read your question , but did you read my reply ?

You have asked your question on the website Just Answer ,there is a charge for this service.
You have asked your question on one of over 200 different categories on the website ,your question is on the DIY Appliance repair category .
This web site has nothing to do with any appliance manufacture or their warranties ,and this website does not offer any in home service personnel to work on your appliance, this is a DIY appliance category where I would assist you in repairing your own appliance.

No ..this obviously isn't going to work for . I dont want go repair myself ...i just wanted some idea as to what to expect from a repair guy. Nevermind

o if you wanted to know what to expect from a repair person that ask that question .

I`m no mind reader.

I did answer that question with the person that was before you. She asked if I intended to do the repair myself and I answered no.

ok That was not me !

So your just wanting to know that if the unit is set on 4 but it is just barely cold what could the issue be ?

Is that correct?

If you open the freezer door look on the rear interior wall panel do you see any frost or ice on the rear wall panel?

And can you hear the freezer fan running ?

And how long has the unit been plugged in at your location ?

I just realized there is no way for you to know why it's not getting cold. Stupid me ! I should know better than than to get on one of these sites. Enjoy my $36 !

I can assist you if you just answer my questions that I have asked yoiu

It seems that you are upset because of your issue ,but that is no reason to take it out on me !

You might want to contact the company you purchased it from to give them a piece of your mind , but I`m trying to help you.