Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My french door samsung won't stop making ice even when the…

Customer Question
My french door samsung...

My french door samsung won't stop making ice even when the bin is full

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Manufactured in 2016. model RF18HFENBSR

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what is required

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that covers it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
6/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category here on JustAnswer!
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
the problem has not been resolved, so yes I want to continue
my question/problem was submitted yesterday at 11am and i still have not gotten any response. leaves a little to be desired as far as customer service is concerned.
Don't know why this seems so difficult for you to dig into. I found several internet blogs discussing the same issue with Samsung refrigerators. Didn't see any good answers so I went to you guys for help. Waste of five bucks and a couple days time!
Appliance Technician: FixAll, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
FixAll
FixAll, Home Appliance Technician

hi I'm here to help. I apologize for your wait. there is a sensor arm on the bottom of the ice maker. this needs to be tripped to let it know the bin is full. now if it is being tripped or bumping into the ice and it still is not stopping ice production. then the ice maker itself needs replaced because the arm is stripped inside. its a rather easy thing to replace and it basically plug and play.