Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

TRYING TO FIX DOWNDRAFT VENT FOR GE MONAGRAM SERIES COOKTOP.

Customer Question
TRYING TO FIX DOWNDRAFT...

TRYING TO FIX DOWNDRAFT VENT FOR GE MONAGRAM SERIES COOKTOP. WIRES TO UP/DOWN BUTTON CAME LOOSE AT CONNECTOR WHILE REPLACING ACCIDENTALLY SHORTED OUT IS THERE A BREAKER IN OR ON THE UNIT PANEL OR DID I FRY THE WHOLE THING

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

ABOUT 10 YRS 36 INCH COOKTOP

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

IHAD MADE THE REPAIR BY SPLICING THE WIRE AND IT WORKED UNFORTUNATELY ONE OF THE SPLICES TOUCHED THE FRAME AND SPARKED NOW AFTER CHECKING CONNECTIONS AND TAPING I GET NOTHING WHEN I PUSH UP/DOWN BUTTON. IS THERE A BREAKER ON THIS UNIT

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I HOPE I DIDNT FRY THE CIRCUIT BOARD

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

ZVB36

There are no breakers but there are fuses on the control that may have opened. The technical information for that model is attached. If fuses are okay, replace the board.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!