Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Microwave Oven. It comes on when I open when i…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Microwave Oven. It comes on when I open when i open the door.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a 2012 model lwes1450d1bb

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The oven will come on when I press the door latch release even while i am holeing the door shut

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So unfortunately this means that one of your door switches has failed. There are 3 door switches and usually the bottom one is the one that fails, but you'd need to remove the outer shell of the microwave and test the switches to know for certain which switch is bad. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to test the actual door switches inside your microwave to know which one to replace. Now access on your microwave is completely different however. You will need to remove 1 screw coming in from the right and left side toward the bottom. Then remove the screws coming in from the back of the microwave along the top, right and left edges. Once all the screws are removed, the entire outer shell will pull straight back, up, and off so that you can test the switched through the right side of the microwave.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.