Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

SECOND OPINION. i have a ge washer just stopped working

Customer Question
SECOND OPINION. i have a ge...
SECOND OPINION.
i have a ge washer just stopped working
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. What is your washing machine doing, please?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
its a dish washer
Model GSD2200G02cc - make GE
problem:
when dish washer was running i stopped it and put a new dish during the wash cycle - it would not come on back - just silent
I have cleaned the waster sytem as there was water standing - still no impact
I have tested that the voltage is available on the front
I am looking for help to see what elase can be done
please advise what should be our next steps?

Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

a multi meter

Turn the power off to the dishwasher and remove the screws from around the inner door and separate the panels. Can you test the door switch for continuity, please?

power off is if I don't use it
we do t have a power switch
I can take the magnetic fuse of the main board for dish washer out if that is required

Well, you just need to make it safe to test. You can test it with power on but you will need to measure voltage through the switch instead of continuity. I would get the power off, though, that is always best.

I have opened the door
inner and outer are now separate

Okay, the door switch is at the top. Remove one of the wires and measure to see if you have continuity between the two terminals when the plunger is pushed in.

a small plastic thing all g with metal has come off
also can I send u the pic for the same

If you can post a picture that will be helpful.

the switch seems to work OK
I get continuity by pressing switch on/off

Yes, that piece is broken and not actuating the switch. That is why it is not working. Do you see where it broke from?

YOu can try to epoxy that stud back to the control panel.

let me try

If it does not stay, the panel will need to be replaced, part number WD34X10561, see below.

CLICK HERE

Nice job tracking that down :)

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

how much time it would take
I need to sand it also
can gimme an hour or we can work tomorrow

It will take 24 hours for the epoxy to cure, don't rush it. You only have one shot or the surfaces will not bond correctly.