Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Using a MHW7100DC Maytag washer it is not spinning 100% of…

Customer Question
Hi Using a MHW7100DC...

Hi Using a MHW7100DC Maytag washer it is not spinning 100% of the time. It may start a cycle, then stop. When it tries to spin in makes a low noise. Doesn't seem to be working correctly. Your thoughts?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what's involved

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have 4 high-end rental units. This is a new tenant. Not sure if the washer is operating correctly and they are just not used to it or if it needs repair.

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Appliance
5/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 19 days ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Please follow the directions below and put the unit into service mode and see what error code comes up, thanks.

click here for instructions

Once you enter service mode anything other than 88 or 888 is a error code. Let me know what code comes up and I will help you further, thanks.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Error codes: F07 and E09
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 18 days ago

Can you double check that for me because there is not a listed error code of F7-E9 or F07 - E09, for that model, it stops at F07 - E08 which is :

MOTOR OVER TEMPERATURE The motor has overheated.

The ACU will wait to restart the washer until the motor temperature returns to normal levels.

Possible Causes

• Improper installation of washer. Ensure that washer is not located near a heat source and has proper ventilation.

• Make sure that the drum is not overloaded. Verify that the door can close easily and that all clothing fits inside the drum.

• Mechanical friction – verify that drum rotates freely

so let me know , thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 17 days ago

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.