Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Oven: I’m getting an F20 error code on my Miela steamer even…

Customer Question
Oven: Hi I’m getting...

Oven: Hi I’m getting an F20 error code on my Miela steamer even after I’ve rescaled it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It’s at least 5-7 years old. Idk the model number atm but I can be in front of the machine in about 20 minutes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I want to try fix it myself first

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes how do I fix it

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Appliance
5/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 19 days ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Thanks

Using the supplied grease that came with the oven when you purchased it follow the directions below:

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
What kind of grease can I buy from hardware store

it​s a silicon based grease I would suggest getting it directly from Miele if you do not have yours.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Ok I found silicone grease but I won’t risk it and just get the real deal from Miela tomorrow

sounds good do keep me posted in the event you need anything further. Also while you are at it. Make sure the drain hose is not clogged in the back too since your working on the unit just to if nothing else clean it. Have a good night .

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I couldn’t get it to work. I did try cleaning the drain hose from inside with the little wire brush. I did find a oil that came with the unit and lubricated the area as instructed but it still came back with a fault 20 and now I’m taking the unit into the tech

that should have worked. please do keep me posted as to what they say.