Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How much freon is it suppose to show on the suction line…

Customer Question
How much freon is...

How much freon is it suppose to show on the suction line using freon 12?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

3 days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It doesn't leak, held a good vacuumn

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The suction side for R12 should be at 2.4 psi. The amount of R12 you put in the system should be located on the model tag sticker in the unit which should have a printout of howe much freon to add.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

what about the liquid line pressure
what about the liquid line pressure?
hello are you still there?

There is no exact measurement for that but it's around 150psi or so.

I'm charging it on this small short line coming from the compressor, because that's the only line it had a charging fitting. do I put liquid or vapor in it??

That would be a liquid line.

I turn the drum upside down and my reading should be around a50 psi??
150 psi
is this right, 150 psi on liquid line??

150 psi on the high side. 2.4 on the suction

I was only putting about 10 psi in vapor form in that line, is that why my suction line was getting hot??
I have no idea but that sounds like a bad compressor maybe
that's the main question I need an answer to, who else is there that can answer that question??
are you still there??
I have already answered 5 questions for you and you have yet to rate me
I will when I'm done
I have answered every question you have asked. I will give you more time once you have rates me since I have answered your original question and then some
where do I do that?? Nothing at bottom of screen
well thanks anyway I

It's either at the top or bottom of your screen.