Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer doesn't spin enough. Its a whirlpool high efficiency…

Customer Question
Washer doesn't spin long...

Washer doesn't spin long enough

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its a whirlpool high efficiency low water washer just two yearsold

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Had a repairman here and he said that the motor was making the water warm and he said there was a little oil on bottom of unit and put some sort of surge proecton electrical hook up

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

He said would be better off with a front load

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Appliance
5/31/2018
Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 20 days ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer.com.
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
washer as I said doesn't rinse properly the lights on the panel don't seem to come on properly can the circuit be replaced wife said machine is just little over 2years old the repair didn't seem to think the newer top loaders were any good suggested we by and old rebuilt unit or a front loader I hope he wasn't a fly by night repair man?
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
what repair company would whirlpool recomend in zip 28033
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
on washer installation instructions are w10240509d & w102405510d-sp will this tell you the model?
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 20 days ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

None of the numbers you have given are the model number.

Just the part number of the use and care booklet .

The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
the model /serial tag is at the rear of the opening on the washer itself.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
model # wtw4815ew1

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
what is the 24 dollars for i paid 5dollars for what every time i turn around it cost me paid90. to repair man and could not fixit I'm 87 years old want to know if it is repairable and who could you recommend to fix it .;

ok First I have to say something about this Repair person you had out !!

The is NO way that the motor could make the water warm !! since the motor and the water never come in contact with each other.

But yes this new EPA guideline (washer designs are terrible ),but the washer manufacturers have to meet the new EPA guidelines to be able to sell washer in the U.S.

As for the washer not spinning long enough , the washer spins by the electronic control board software.

and if your saying it is not spinning long enough I assume the clothes come out dripping wet is this correct?

If your referring to a phone call prompt or POP UPS ,I did NOT send that to you ,the website that WE are using does, NOT I!

Just ignore them !

And getting back to the repair person it is a good idea to add a surge protector on the outlet that the washer is plugged into as it is with any appliance that is electronically controlled .

Now I`m just wanting on why you think the washer is not spinning long enough to be answered .

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
lets forget it went out and bought anew washing machine not satisfied please refund $5.00 thanks for yourinput

I can not refund anything !

You will need to contact the website WE are using for a refund .