Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an f31 on a whirlpool duet steam. Mod wed9550ww0. No…

Customer Question
I have an f31...

I have an f31 on a whirlpool duet steam

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Mod wed9550ww0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No the dryer will start but it will not dry the clothes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

ok thanks Tyler

F31 means that the dryer doesn't think it's getting 220 volts, which can be caused by the dryer not getting 220 volts, or the main control board being shorted. The main relay control board is mounted to the left side wall under the top panel of the dryer. You're going to need to pull the dryer forward and check power at the terminal block on the back of the dryer where the power cord connects to the dryer. Make sure you're getting 220 volts from your house between the 2 outside power wires. If so and none of the wires are burnt, your main board is just failing and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the relay board you'd need to order and replace for your model number. If you're not getting 220 volts, try to flip the breaker off and then back on. If there are burnt wires at the junction block, you may need to replace the power cord that connects to the back of the dryer. Other than that, you may need an electrician to see why you're not getting 220 volts to the dryer.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Ok we are working through the steps you provided
I will let you know how it goes

ok good luck