Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

F20 code indicates there's a fill problem. I cleaned out the…

Customer Question
F20 code indicates there's...

F20 code indicates there's a fill problem

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I cleaned out the filter trap, since then

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to, yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I removed the rubber boot between tub and pump to clean, since I put it back. This is problem.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? And are you saying you're getting an F20 error currently when you try to use the washer?

I'm away from the machine, my phone photo is burred but it something like this wfw9550w91
F20 error code comes up

Thank you. So this F20 error means that the washer doesn't think water is coming into the washer. Since water is coming into the washer, that means that either the pressure switch or the flow meter has failed. You'll want to start a cycle and time it to see how long it takes for the error to appear. The reason I asked you to time it is because the pressure switch can't produce an F20 error until after trying to fill for 6 minutes. If the error comes up before 6 minutes it means your flow meter is just bad and not sensing that water is coming in the washer. Below is a link to the flow meter you need to order and replace if it appears before 6 minutes. It's mounted right behind the dispenser. To access, just pull the washer forward and unplug the washer. Remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can replace the flow meter. It takes probably 15 minutes or so at most.

CLICK HERE for flow meter

Now if it takes 6 minutes or more before the error appears, look at the water level compared to the bottom of the door glass. If it's not touching the bottom of the door glass, either your electronic water valve is restricting the water flow, or the water pressure coming from your house is poor and needs to be fixed. If the water level is above the bottom of the door glass, replace the pressure switch because it's not reading the water level correctly.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.