Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Litton-Aire Generation 11 microwave oven that

Customer Question
We have a Litton-Aire...

We have a Litton-Aire Generation 11 microwave oven that works very well. We removed the cover on the light and a piece of the plastic cover broke. It is the part that slides into a grove to hold the cover tight. We need to repair it or replace it , is this possible.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I have an installation guide the only numbers that are referred to are a recirculating filter kit model 8096 and filler panels model 7029 , I believe we got this oven in the early 80's.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We do not think there is any work to do we just need to repair or replace the plastic cover for the light.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet.

Parts for those older models have been no longer available for years. You will have to locate a used cover if you intend to try to keep it in use. The company below has 40+ years worth of appliance parts recycling and restoration and may have the cover you need.

Good Stuff

(###) ###-####/p>(###) ###-####/p>