Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have purchased a handle support for my GE microwave Model…

Customer Question
I have purchased a...

I have purchased a handle support for my GE microwave Model # JVM3160RF3SS. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get to the screw that holds the handle support in place. The support is for the bottom of the handle. Can you tell me if this is something I can do or should I get a repairman?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The microwave was purchased in 2015. The model # is JVM3160RF3SS, the serial # is GG247541A.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. I do have a GE repairman coming in a week or so to fix my range. I do not know if he could fix the microwave as well.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To access the screws holding the handle, you need to take the door apart. Below is a video that shows you how to take your door apart so you can unscrew the handle and replace it. If you're handy you can do this, but you'll need a putty knife or a flat head screwdriver to pry the door apart. There are no screws.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.