Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

THE oven on our range will heat up and then shut down it…

THE oven on our...

THE oven on our range will heat up and then shut down it will maintain it heat?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

XFE540H0AW IT IS A RANGE

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes it I knew what the part was I need.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Why will the oven not retain its heat it builds up than shuts down.

5/30/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

You need to replace the temperature sensor in the oven. The sensor is the probe you see protruding out of the back wall of the oven, just remove the screws mounting it to the back wall of the oven pull it forward and unplug it from the wiring harness, then install the new one. The replacement sensor is listed below:

Range Oven Temperature Sensor

Part #: W10181986 - click here for part info at sears

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.

You answered my question! you did a good job. The only problem is I can be certain I got the part orders and get not get an answer on the computer or the phone, I did not want to order it twice, any help to find out would be appreciated!

I am sorry if you ordered the parts from the link I gave you, you ordered the parts from Sears, we are not affiliated with Sears in any way so it would be impossible for me to check on the parts for you, you will have to do that yourself through the Sears website, at https://www.searspartsdirect.com/ or click here

Joel Swenson