Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My 20 year old Whirlpool refridge, model ED 27PQ, icemaker…

Customer Question
my 20 year old Whirlpool...
my 20 year old Whirlpool refridge, model ED 27PQ, icemaker freezes up and won't work. Also frost is forming around where the cubes come out. IF I thaw the ice area out if starts working. W hat to do?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The frost building up around the chute between the icemaker and door and on the icemaker means that air is getting in through the chute. That causes moisture and warm air to create frost and stop the icemaker from working. The flap on your dispenser for the ice chute needs to be replaced to resolve this issue I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the flap for your model. The front dispenser face and such will need to be taken off to access and replace the flap.

CLICK HERE for flap

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.