Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher doesn't work anymore. Tried reseting it

Customer Question
My dishwasher doesn't work...

My dishwasher doesn't work anymore. Tried reseting it already, and still nothing. It starts as normal, but never finishes washing the dishes.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

A kitchenmaid model KDTE104DSS0 i haven't done that yet no

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i can think of at the moment

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Appliance
5/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 23 days ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Please explain never finishes washing ?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
The cycle starts as normal, but eventually a red light turns on to indicate that it is "drying" and the soap hasn't even been dispensed.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I would rather not speak on the phone.

If your referring to a phone call prompt or POP UPS ,I did NOT send that to you ,the website that WE are using does, NOT I!

Ok so the soap dispenser door is not opening ,, does the unit bring water into the unit?

And do you hear the water being circulated in the unit when it is running ?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
i hear water being circulated when its running.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
soap dispenser does open, but the soap remains. the soap is wet.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
the soap is dry when i put it in, but it appears wet after a failed cycle.

Ok but if the detergent is staying in the dispenser the water circulating is the only way the detergent is flushed out of the dispenser .

The unit may not be filling with the correct amount of water or the water is not being circulated properly ,either due to a faulty circulation pump pr the diverter not selecting the water to come out the lower spray arm .

Have you ever turned the unit on and tested the water level after it has filled or watched to see if the lower spray arm is in fact rotating

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No, I haven't tried either of those.

ok lets start any cycle and let it run for 2-3 minutes to fill up and slowly open the door and look on the bottom to see if the water level is just below the black heating element or not .

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
looks like no water is coming in
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
i can see a light stream of water coming out of the dishwasher through a hose that goes into my sink

ok in the bottom sump on the front left corner is the float lift it up and drop it a few times and the try to start a new cycle and see if water will then come into the unit if you would please!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
just did it, noticed that there was warm water in the sump.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
there is some water in the machine, just above the height of the sump

ok so now take two coffee cups NOT mugs ,and place then on the top rack opening up one on the left and one on the right and in the center from front to back .

And close the door and press START and let it run for 30 seconds and open the door slowly and tell me if the cups are full of water or not .

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
no water goes up to the top rack
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
it just starts to drain the water from the bottom into the sink

ok ok so the water is not being circulated and of course that is why it is not cleaning .

I recommend replacing the circulation pump and motor assembly .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

This parts link also has a video showing how to replace the part .

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .