Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE+clothes+washer+model+WM+4190A0WW will nit drain. 3 days…

Customer Question
GE+clothes+washer+model+WM+4190A0WW will nit drain ...

GE+clothes+washer+model+WM+4190A0WW will nit drain

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

3 days and it will stop when it gets to spin cycle and will not drain or spin

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I have already taken the frint off and cleaned inside as well as checked for obstruction in the drain hose

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I worked on it yesterday I was able to turn the washer on and water started to fill the tank I move the selector switch over and it continued to work in the rents mode and also worked in the spin mode. So I thought it was corrected and I put two blankets into it and turned it on in the wash cycle again washed and stopped when it got to the spin cycle, which it didn’t do when it was empty

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 2 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

now that you mention it both times it did work and I thought I had fixed it, was after I had of been plug for a while
No thanks for the phone call because I cant work on it right now. I am in the car traveling and I decided just to search the Internet to see if I can find any answers. I won’t be home for at least another hour.
Oh.....I’m not driving tho...
I,m the passenger

y​our totally fine I didnt send the auto phone call request its from the site so feel free to disregard it.

so unplugging it fixed the issue for a short time?

until i started the washer with a small load it worked until it got to the spin cycle

no​w when you start the unit does the door lock? When it gets to the spin cycle does it agitate at all? Can you hear the motor humming?

The door doesn’t lock. A while ago I had trouble with the switch on the door. I ordered a new switch which I received a few days later But before I received it I had wired the lid switch straight through so you could use it until we receive the switch. However I have never installed that switch and is still wired straight through with the machine running even when we open the top door. I know that’s unsafe but we know that it’s like that so we don’t open the washer when it’s running. When it gets to the spin cycle it just stops there is no noise or anything. When I push the on switch we can hear the motor homing and Joey turn off the machine and the fact tha but before I received it I had wired the lid switch straight through so you could use it until we receive the switch. However I have never installed that switch and is still wired straight through with the machine running even when we open the top door. I know that’s unsafe but we know that it’s like that so we don’t open the washer when it’s running. When it gets to the spin cycle it just stops there is no noise or anything. when I push the on button we can hear low hum which I assume is the motor running
Umm... don’t know what happen with the text. It’s supposed to read when the washer is running as soon as it gets to the spin cycle it shuts down and there’s no noise whatsoever. When I turn the correction when I push the on switch we can hear low home which I assume is the motor running.
Hum not home

so​rry for the delay this honeslty sounds like the problem is with the lid switch assembly or the control board itself.

Why was I charged 31 dollars I never agreed to any monthly charges only the 5 dollar good faith charge
Hello?
Why was I charged the 31 dollars. I want it removed .

th​e charge was for my assistance. Were you able to figure out the problem?