Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I washing the inside of my refrigerator and don't know how…

Customer Question
I washing the inside...

I washing the inside of my refrigerator and don't know how to remove the glass shelves to wash them and their runners

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a refrigerator. General Ele. model GSH25JFTA-CC Approx 12 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes--I'm just washing the inside and want to remove the glass shelves.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I don't understand what more you want.
I'll have to get your help via e-mail ---please
5/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

To remove the glass shelves, lift up at the front to about a 45* angle and then the back will lift up a little and pull forward. Let me know how it goes!

There is no "lift up" to it it is blocked by some sort of retaining clip

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

now what ?
R he glass shelves are held in place by a retaning clip. No lifting it

The clip will have to be removed. If you post a picture of the clip, I can explain how to release it. Typically, they have a lip at the top that you pull it out of place with.

None of the literature for that model show any retainer clips so I am not sure which ones may be in there.

Ill try to send a photo

Sure, thank you. Use the ADD FILE button to post them here.

Nope cant send photo. Skip it. Forget I ever called

Will do, take care.