Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dehumidifier no longer collects water from my "damp"

Customer Question
My dehumidifier no longer...

My dehumidifier no longer collects water from my "damp" basement. I have cleaned the filter. What do I do now?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I just hooked it up for the summer. It worked fine last year.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work do I have to do?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have turned it up for "more dry" and down to "less dry". I don't know what else to do.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Do you hear the compressor running along with the fan?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
The model # is FDR25S1. It seems like it sounds the same -- I don't see any difference from last year in the sounds.

Okay, which I was expecting. These all have a very common issue. Is it less than 5 years old?