Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator is running at 40 degrees. What do I need to…

Customer Question
My refrigerator is running...

My refrigerator is running at 40 degrees. What do I need to do. It is set at 33 degrees.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

I came in my manufactured home in 2014 It is a fridge and freezer that look huge but are 2 separate units. I am at work so I don't have my book in front of me.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what you think it is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It went through a freeze period prior to this

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Or can you at least tell me who the manufacturer is ?

I will have to continue this when I get home. I do not have that info with me.
Frigidaire ref freezer 2 separate units looks like a huge pro model

ok so if it is two separate unit I will need the model number of the Refrigerator unit the one your question is on .

And who are these units manufacturer?

Frigidaire looks exactly like pro model FPRU19F8RF

ok that is something to work with .

So make sure the freezer fan is running .

And look on the rear interior wall panel and make sure you do not have any frost or ice on the rear panel .

And make sure the Condenser fan under the unit in the rear is running .

And make sure that the door is closing all the way and open it about 3-4 inches and just let go of it making sure it goes closed by itself .

If it does not the front legs need raised up a bit .

DOOR IS SHUT, NO ICE IN THE BACK, FAN IS RUNNING. I CAN HEAR THE FAN INSIDE RUNNING ALL THE TIME.

Ok if the door is shut and closing by itself properly , no ice or frost on the rear interior wall , and both interior and exterior fans are running .

Have you tried adjusting the temperature to a colder setting ?

It is set at 33 the lowest it will go

have you pulled the unit out and seen if the Condenser coil needs to be cleaned?

That I have not done. I will do it as soon as I get home.

if it is not dirty , you may have a sealed refrigeration system issue( low on Freon)

Cleaned coils no help. Must be freon.

Ok and a Freon leak is something that an EPA certified refrigeration servicer will have to work on .

And that type of repair is not cheap .