Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

18 month old Kitchen Aid dishwasher -- liquid soap remains…

Customer Question
18 month old Kitchen Aid...
18 month old Kitchen Aid dishwasher -- liquid soap remains at bottom of dishwasher after "wash." The soap door is open. Dishes are wet but not clean. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer.com.
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I would like to hear back from a technician. Thank you.
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.
Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

From what your saying it sounds as if the dishwasher is not filling with water. are you 100% sure it is filling with water?

Sure. KDTE104ESS2

it looks like you missed my second question on that reply .

Sorry! I’m not sure the DW is filling up with water, but the dishes have pooled water on them when the cycle is over.

ok lets start the dishwasher ,let it run for 3 minutes and slowly open the door and tell me if the bottom sump area has standing water in it?

Sorry, I was at work. No water in the DW after three minutes.
Figured it out. My water wasn’t hot enough and I didn’t have the “hot water” button pressed.

Ok there is a big difference in no water entering and the water not being hot.

So run it a couple of times and let me know if it is working ok for you or not !

Thank you! I will recontact you if there is another problem.

no problem !

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,

I will still assist you, no extra charges .

But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

You should see a rating box ,just click on the rating box and it will open the rating window for you to than rate me .

Thank you in advance.