Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Spacemaker microwave (over the range). I cracked…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a GE Spacemaker microwave (over the range). I cracked the door of the microwave. I purchased a new door. I cannot figure out how to remove the broken door, or install the new door.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Exact model is: JVM1640WJ01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope to. I'm pretty handy, and I think there should just be a pin or screws to remove, but it is not obvious.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. I just need to get the entire door removed from the microwave, and need to install its replacement, which I have purchased.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Appliance
5/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 22 days ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer.com.
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I do. And I have paid for an answer please.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Can I expect an answer today? Thanks for your help.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Hello?? I have received no answer from any technician. Please help.
Appliance Technician: Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician replied 22 days ago
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician

hello , couple questions , have you removed the top grille and unplugged the unit ?/also did your new comes with hinges ? thx randy

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Can I send a photo?
It is a built-in microwave. No, have not unplugged but could throw the circuit breaker off. What do you mean by top grill? The new door has a built in bracket thing, but no hinge. In a photo, if I can send one, you will see built in pin/hinge.

ok go ahead

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Your platform doesn't seem to allow photos. Where would I send them?

like a attachment ? im not sure they used to

so your mw doesnt have a plastic grill that fits above the door ?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Above the door?
What are you calling a grill? The "vents" are above the door. Is that what you mean? No, I haven't removed that.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Does that "vent" above the door just pop off?

THE VENT /GRILL IS A LONG PLASTIC PIECE THAT RIDES THE LENGTH OF THE MICROWAVE , TWO SCREWS IN FROM THE TOP AND GRILL SHOULD POP OFF ,EXPOSING HINGES AND SCREWS

sorry , i forgot caps lock

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
What do you mean "two screws in from the top"?

on top of the microwave down into the top of the grill