Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How can I remove the door on my KitchenAid microwave Model…

Customer Question
How can I remove...

How can I remove the door on my KitchenAid microwave Model KEMS378SS05?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a Superba built-in Convection microwave oven, purchased and installed in 2011

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I plan to do the work myself. I have successfully removed the companion conventional oven door but the hinges on the microwave are of a different character

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The purpose of my intent is to create the necessary clearance so as to permit a new refrigerator to pass by and be installed.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category here on JustAnswer!
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Please continue
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

You won't want to remove the entire microwave door due to potential microwave energy leakage when reinstalling. So, you can take the front and the handle off, that will get you more clearance. The attached document shows how that is done.