Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I keep getting a F3 code on my Air duel fuel range what part…

Customer Question
I keep getting a...

I keep getting a F3 code on my Jen Air duel fuel range what part do I need

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

18 years old model SVD48600P

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

F3 error on that model means the cooling fan is on with no oven functions selected. Most the times that is caused by a faulty temperature sensor, although it could be a wiring issue.

You can check the temperature sensor with an ohm meter, it should be around 1100 ohms at room temp if not its faulty. The sensor is the probe you see protruding out of the back wall of teh oven, just remove the two screws you see holding it in place and pull it forward and unplug it from the wiring harness. If you don't have an ohm meter just replace the sensor.

Range Oven Temperature Sensor

Part #: 704657 - click here for part info at sears

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.