Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool dryer is 4 years old, now does't seem to get as…

Customer Question
Whirlpool dryer is 4...

Whirlpool dryer is 4 years old, now does't seem to get as warm as it used to, and drying time is extensive???

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought in May/ 2013........W10514185A or W10514176A-SP

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, my husband does, depending on what the problem is.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just am disgusted with the amount of drying time.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

How does the dryer vent to the outside, is the vent line very long, kinked or crushed behind the machine. etc?

Vent goes up thru attic and out,no kinks or pronlems
  • Can you remove the vent and run a cycle and see if it dries fast?
  • Also, may I have the model number, please? The tag is around the opening where the clothes are loaded.