Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Just replaced my ice maker in a kenmore refrigerator, but…

Customer Question
Just replaced my ice...

Just replaced my ice maker in a kenmore refrigerator, but the new one isn't working. I dont't think the solenoid valve is working, but the gear is also not rotating.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 5 years? model 253.79242705

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I replaced it because the fill valve stuck open, filled the ice bucket with water and put water all over the kitchen floor. The ice maker would also stick and make a loud clicking noise because cubes would be jammed. yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Question--if the fill valve was not working, would the ice maker motor still turn?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Yes the water valve being faulty will not stop the icemaker from cycling .

BUT if the ice maker cube cavities are empty it will take for ever for the icemaker to get cold enough for it to cycle by itself .

And do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it ? to be able to do any voltage or component resistance testing .

Ooops! never mind. It just started working. Looks like the mold just took a well to get down to the right temperature. Thanks

No problem ,Thank you for replying back to me !