Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a GE Side by side fridge and freezer which is about…

Customer Question
We have a GE...

We have a GE Side by side fridge and freezer which is about 25 years old. Where do I find the model number and how do I tell exactly how old it is. I really like this refrigerator very, very much and know I will never find another one that will serve us this well.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Where do I find the model? AllI can tell you is that the fridge is on the right side and the freezer is on the left side. It has an ice maker. Where do I find anything which will help me ID the information you are asking for? My closest guess is that it is 25-30 years old. Our children were still at home.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I do not need to have it worked on. The ice maker has given up the ghost, so we are using ice cube trays, other than that I love the way this works. I just want to know how old it is since people are telling me to replace it because it will die soon. I DO NOT want a new one. If GE would guarantee me that the next one would last this long I would buy a new one.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can you tell me where to find the model number and the other numbers that repairman asks for?

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 23 days ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section, or if you open the door it would be down near the bottom refrigerator door hinge and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I will check. I’ll be back as soon as I loceat it.

OK sounds good.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
NO, phone call. Will you charge me for this?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I found the number =. TFF24RCB

Charge you for what? This isn't a free service if that is what you are asking.