Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Frigidare gas range Model # LGGF3043KFP has a problem…

Customer Question
My Frigidare gas range...

My Frigidare gas range Model # LGGF3043KFP has a problem with the oven burner...it will come on and go off in a few seconds, then come on and go off....it does this continuously

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I think I purchased it in 2012.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I gave worked on many appliances.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cannot determine if it is the control board or something else that is causing the problem.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This sounds like a common issue where the igniter is just getting weak. To know for sure, just remove the floor and watch the igniter. See if the igniter is glowing constantly or if the igniter stops glowing, then the burner turns off, then turns back on etc, etc... If the igniter stays on the entire time--replace the igniter. This means that your igniter isn't drawing 3.2 amps consistently so even though it's glowing (getting power from the board), the gas valve is opening and closing because it's not pulling enough power to ensure the oven is safe. Either way, below is a link to the igniter you'll most likely need to replace below the floor of your oven.

CLICK HERE for igniter

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.