Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hqving issues with a grill not producing enough natural gas,

Customer Question
Hqving issues with a...

Hqving issues with a grill not producing enough natural gas

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Worked 2 day ago. Now not getting any gas through the lines

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. It was done by home depot

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I was converted to Nat gas. From propane

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
5/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 1 month ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer.com.
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need help on this
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have heard nothing.
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Is this something has been since it was converted or a new problem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
N

I only received a one letter reply.....

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry.
I had it the grill assembled and converted to Nat Gas by Home Depot.
I tested it out and it was working. Preheat got it to 500 degrees. I tried it again last night and couldn't get enough gas to flow into the jets to do anything. Flame out of the burners was less than 1/8th of an inch.I checked the connections and all seems fine. One thing is my son didn't cover the grill and it rained the night before. No idea if that means anything, The good on th egrill was closed.
Dave

No, the rain would not have caused that. It worked in its current location the first time? It sounds like a gas pressure issue. Did you change a regulator or anything after conversion and before it stopped working?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All new parts. Including the regulator. It worked the day before and then stopped.

Well, if all burners are low, it has t be a supply pressure issue. If the gas supply is adequate, it has to be a regulator problem. There is nothing else that will cause all burners to be low. So, my advice would be to verify gas pressure to the grill is adequate and, if okay, replace the regulator. It should be under warranty...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is. I may have them send a tech to look at it.

I would, it is a gas pressure problem. I would make sure the issue is not with your gas line and call for service if it is good.