Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE dehumidifier model ADEW50LRL2 that runs but is…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE dehumidifier model ADEW50LRL2 that runs but is not collecting any water.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased in May 2016, model ADEW50LRL2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure, depends on what is involved.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

If so, do you hear the compressor running or just the blower motor, can you tell?

We think just the fan.

If that is the case, the issue is most likely with the main control. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with to test the compressor for power?

Rusty, I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you. My family is heading out for vacation and I really don't have time to work on this until I return. I'll let you know what I want to do when I return.

Sure, that is no problem at all. Safe travels to you and family, enjoy the vacation! :)