Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My unit can not operate. The selections of cycle and option…

Customer Question
My unit can not...

My unit can not operate. The selections of cycle and option were done and the indicators lights are on; however, pushing the Start/Resume button, no response.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Maytag. Model: MDBH9494AWW1. Type: 575-0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It has been working well, but I did not use it for a few months.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes. if I can fix it myself.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If you press the CANCEL button one time, do you hear the drain ump come on?

No. The unit does not run at all.

Thank you. Are all of the buttons responsive, allowing cycle changes and options but it just won't start a cycle?

I need to understand why the cycle and option lights can be turned on, but pushing the Start button the unit does not run. Could it be the switch is broken and I need a service. Thanks.
Please help me understand if I push the Cancel button, should all the lights of selected cycles and option be off? Your answer will help me more than anything else. Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed reply, we are having thunderstorms here and I lost power.

If you press the cancel button one time, the drain pump should come on and run for 2 minutes. Pressing it twice should turn the control panel completely off. So, if it is all programming okay but will not start a cycle or run he drain pump, the issue is likely related to a door switch issue. Does the door close smoothly and appear to latch securely?