Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dryer will not turn on. It is model # M460G. The push…

Customer Question
My dryer will not...

My dryer will not turn on. It is model # M460G. The push button on the right side of the panel does not activate. I pulled the back panel and put a meter on the two blue wires running to the on/off and got no reading. I also tested the black and red wires running to the timer and got no reading. I tested the 220 at the plug and do have power there.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Whirlpool M460G. No, has not done this before.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's minor yes. The dryer is over 10 years old, maybe 15, and probably not worth an extensive repair.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Am I on the right track to test whether or not there is power to the machine, or determine if it's just the on/off switch.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses, links, and answers.

Also note that you may receive a phone call offer from Just Answer. That is automatically sent by the website and not from the expert.

Please recheck the model number. It should be in the door frame.