Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How can I diagnose F28? Since yesterday. Maybe. The washer…

Customer Question
How can I diagnose...

How can I diagnose F28?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since yesterday

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The washer will not enter the manual diagnostic test

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its a whirlpool duet model wfw8400tw00 I was able to do an auto diagnostic test and got an F1 error code

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F28 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it in the front right corner (attached to the right side wall). You'll want to remove the top panel and the lower front panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you just have to guess which control board you want to replace first, either the MCU or the CCU and the problem is that there is no way to test and determine which part is faulty so it's just a guessing game. That being said, F1 means the washer detected a short in the main CCU control board so I'd replace the CCU first. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for CCU

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.