Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

What does an E9 error on a DV48H7400E dryer mean. Its about…

Customer Question
What does an E9...

What does an E9 error on a DV48H7400E dryer mean

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its about 3 years ol Samsung DV48H7400E

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It gives a filter warning I cleaned the filter but it won't re-set if its easy yes otherwise no

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don think so I cleaned it out and it won't start when I press start then the E9 shows up what else would be important? I might have more but not sure what else is needed

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Billy Olenick, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Billy Olenick
Billy Olenick, Customer Service
My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you out today with your appliance problem. All I ask in return is for a positive rating at the end of our session please so that I can be paid for my time. Thank you for trusting in us with your appliance problems. Please allow me a moment to review your question.
ok
son top of the 50 I have to pay?
on top that should say if it is no just send me the answer that is as much as it is to call someone to my house
Not sure your cost but I will have a direct answer for you shortly.
It seems that there is no information on the e9 error code on that dryer. It is an error that the machine should not be giving. Try unplugging it for a minute then plug it back in. This should reboot the control board. The filter could also mean that you have a blockage in the line going out the house. You can disconnect the vent line from the house to separate this issue. If filter light comes back on the unit needs to be disassembled and cleaned out.
Ive done all of that so thats not helpful thanks anyway
I can get you to another tech that might have seen this same issue if you would like
no thanks Ill call someone in
I wish you the best with your appliance repair and do apologize that I was of no help for you.
thanks no problem