Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool French door refrigerator, Model G16F

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool French door refrigerator, Model G16F ARXXF 05. My ice maker stopped working several months ago bur the water came out cold. Last week, out of the clear blue, the ice maker started working, worked about 5 days and quit. Now there is no ice and the water is not cold.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what needs to be done.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category here on JustAnswer!
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Continue please
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Ok the only thing that cools the chilled water is the fresh food section .

Behind the crispers you have a coil of water line that is the chilled water reservoir.

If your still getting water out of the dispenser but it is not cold , is the fresh food section seem to be cooling properly?

And can you feel in the top pf the ice maker in the cube cavities to see it the ice maker has any water or ice in the cube cavities ?

Fresh food section is cool as usual
There's is no ice or water in the section that forms the ice.
No

If the NO,,was you referring to a phone call prompt or POP UPS ,I did NOT send that to you ,the website that WE are using does, NOT I!

but if the fresh food section is cool as usual so should the chilled water out of the dispenser .

And you have tried more the 7 ounces out of the dispenser ? you have a short amount of tubing under the unit that is not chilled . and will take at least 7 ounces to flush the warmer water out of the lines if it is warm in your surrounding area.

The "NO" was referring to the phone call. I do not hear well and would rather get your info on email please. Thank you.
I did discover cold water after filling my 10 oz glass. I had not thought about the first water being warm. Thank you.

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,

I will still assist you, no extra charges .

But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

You should see a rating box ,just click on the rating box and it will open the rating window for you to than rate me .

Thank you in advance.

I still need into regarding the ice maker not making ice, no water or ice in the cube maker. It stopped several months ago and starting making ice suddenly and continued for a week and stopped again. It seems the water is not getting into the freezer.

ok the most likely failed part is the dual water inlet valve , having a dual valve one side is for the chilled water , the other side is for the icemaker.

And if either fail you have to replace the entire water inlet valve assembly .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

This dual valve is located in the fresh food section on the right hand side behind the rear interior wall panel /

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

Thank you. This sounds reasonable. Now to find someone to install the part you suggested.