Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am having trouble with a Maytag Neptune dryer. I get a pf…

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble with a Maytag Neptune dryer. I get a pf code when trying to start the dryer. the motor clicks on and off and eventually starts.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Mdg5500aww Its from 2000, but is only used seasonally at a second home. Its a seaside environment, and I have had trouble with all types of home appliances over time. Usually, the seaside environment affects solenoids on electric appliances

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I have not seen any trouble shooting on the internet that describes this problem

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/29/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 2 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

No improvement

do you happen to have a multimeter we can test a few thing with?

I’m not at the site. It’s a second home. Can I schedule a time to discuss this when I am at the site?

y​es that is fine just message me on here when you are ready.