Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Clothes washer stays in control lock position and will not…

Customer Question
Clothes washer stays in...

Clothes washer stays in control lock position and will not engage

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is about a year or mayge two years old it is a whirlpool duet

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing that I can think of right now

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker just inside the door way so I can better assist you?

wfw70he8w2 i think

Perfect, thank you. On your model, there is a control lock button in the bottom right corner of your control panel. Just press and hold this button for 5 seconds and that should remove the control lock so you can use the washer like normal again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.