Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a. I have a Kenmore Model 15828690 dishwasher. I

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore...

I have a Kenmore Model 15828690 dishwasher.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I don't know but the full model # is 665.15828690 and sn is FF(###) ###-####

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

During the wash cycle the dishwasher bottom fills with water and overflows the front lip between it and the door.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The float switch is what tells the unit to stop filling so if its over flowing either the float is stuck or the float switch is bad, you will just have to take a look at it.

The video below will give some idea of what you are looking for, its not your model dishwasher in the video but they all work around the same concept so it will tell you what you need to know.

click here for video

The replacement float switch for your model is :

Dishwasher Float Switch

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here for part info at sears

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

The question I asked is not the one you sent back to me, so I'm resenting it. During the wash cycle the bottom of the tub fills with water and over flows the bottom front lip between it and the door, and I have to select the cancel/drain the empty.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 months ago

sorry I am not sure what you mean, I will opt out and let another expert help you, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

Is it not draining during the cycle or is it just filling too much, do you know?

I'm holding off any more advice until I re-level the washer, which right front had sunk into floor, to see if this is the reason for overflowing (seeping) over the bottom right front lip during the wash cycle. The gasket and overflow switch seem to be ok.

Sure, please know I am available should you have questions once it is level.

I completed leveling the washer but it is still seeping water out between the bottom front lip and door bottom during the wash cycle. I checked the float switch and it is clicking when I activate it. The amount of leakage is so small I don't think it's the overflow. Also when it draining there is full flow in the garbage disposal indicating there is no blocking. On my model Is there a seal gasket at the bottom of the door and could it be leaking?

Does it leak only when it is running and spraying water?

during the wash cycle