Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a frigidaire washer model #FAFW4221LBO and it has a…

Customer Question
I have a frigidaire...

I have a frigidaire washer model #FAFW4221LBO and it has a vibration with a loud noise when it is spinning.. Can you advise me as to what is wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I purchased it in June 2011. It is a front load Affinity with the model number I listed above.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Appliance
5/28/2018
Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 28 days ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer.com.
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 26 days ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet.

If you open the door and lift up and down on the inner spin tub, does it move up and down or is it solid?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
It is solid
  1. Does the vibration/noise start as soon as it begins to pump out the water?
  2. Does the noise seem to be coming from the bottom of the machine, in the right front corner?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
The noise starts when it spins and it comes from all over
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Also, I am finding small pieces of rubber like material and black particles around the rubber ring

Are you certain the spin tub is solid when you lift up and down? All symptoms point to a sagging spin tub.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I tried again to move it and it does move around more than I thought it did

Ah, okay. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The tub support is broken and is allowing the drum to move and scrape the rubber door gasket and the outer tub. The inner spin tub and at least one of the outer tub halves will need to be replaced, see number 16, 13 & 22 at the link below. his repair will run about $400-600 in parts if you fix it yourself. If you have it professionally repaired, it will be around $1000. I would not repair this machine.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you would like repair information.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!