Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Jenn-Air electric convection wall oven. We have…

Customer Question
We have a Jenn-Air...

We have a Jenn-Air electric convection wall oven. We have lived in this home 8 years. It was here when we bought the house so not sure of the age. It is a double oven. The oven has started to beep and the codes F1 F1 have appeared on the panel then F7 appears where the time is. We have hit cancel multiple times, disconnected the circuit breaker, cleaned oven, reconnected and still continue to get the same codes.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model JJW9630AAB Serial 13021025YK

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe 12 to 15 years old as a guess.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have never used the convection oven. Only use the top oven. Rarely use the bottom oven. The broiler only a few times.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/27/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Those error codes both mean you have stuck function keys on the touch pad control and it will have to be replaced to fix the issue. Unfortunately That part, part number 71003429 is no longer being manufactured for that model and no replacement part is being made either, sometimes you can find used ones on ebay but there are not any listed at this time. Sorry for the bad news.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.