Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My kitchen aide refrigerator just stopped working after the…

Customer Question
My kitchen aide refrigerator...

My kitchen aide refrigerator just stopped working after the freezer door was left open slightly last night. There was a PO message on the front of the fridge before it stopped working. We have unplugged it and when it is plugged back in it acts like it wants to short out.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Model number KFIS29PBMS00

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It is a 2013 model we think

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was making laoud noises on and off before it died.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/27/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

PO flashing on the display means the unit lost power "power outage" most times this is caused by a power surge and the board can be reset by pressing the measured fill button, however with what you describe its sounding more like it has a loss of power due to internal failure of the main power board. If pressing the measure fill button does not reset the control and the unit continues to act like its power is surging then the control will need to be replaced.

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #: W10453401 - click here for part info

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.