Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our brand new just installed microwave is not heating and is…

Customer Question
Our brand new just...

Our brand new just installed microwave is not heating and is making a “sparking” noise

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Brand new. GE

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I could.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t think so.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/27/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I;m Ray and would be happy to help you.. The magnetron has shorted out. Where did you purchase it from?

are you there?

We purchased from Lowes
They delivered it Thursday and we installed it today. It’s brand new

I would call lowes to have it replaced.. They may want to send GE out just to check it and verify

Thank you.
You are very welcome. I would greatly appreciate it if you could rate my service. Thanks and good luck to you

please rate my service so I can get credit for it... thanks