Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave makes a loud roaring noice, but is not working, Is…

Customer Question
Microwave makes a loud...

Microwave makes a loud roaring noice, but is not working, Is there anything I can do for myself?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

4 years old GE profile.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is simple

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

my name is Joyce. Thanks for looking into my problem.

The microwave has a failure in the high voltage area. This is a dangerous repair (even with the microwave unplugged) unless you are familiar with microwaves. Are you wanting to attempt to repair this yourself?

Hello, Joyce!

If it is dangerous, I guess I will be calling a tech.
Thanks, ***** ***** are done.

Yes, the high voltage components can be dangerous, even while unplugged. I suspect the magnetron is faulty. This repair will run about $150 for labor and about the same for the part.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!