Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag Neptune washing machine Model MAH40000AWQ: Neptune…

Customer Question
Maytag Neptune washing machine...

Maytag Neptune washing machine Model MAH40000AWQ:

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Neptune model no. MAH40000AWQ. About 8-10 years. The control dial will not pull up to turn on the machine. When I removed the top of the dial, I saw a hole where it appears there should be a screw or shaft to connect to something below.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can I get into the part on which the control dial is mounted to try to find the piece that appears to have dropped down from the dial?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
No.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you.. The time steam is broken and the whole timer would have to be replace. fortunately there's no repair part for it.

9A

on diagram

Washer timer

Parts #: 22002867

Substitution: WP22002867

$ 88.06

In Stock searspartsdirect.com

This is a washing machine, not a dryer. My timer knob seems ok. Why would I need a new one? Will the one I have fit on this unit?

sorry, i sent the wrong one.. if the knob looks good then it wont need to be replace

How does the stem connect to the knob?

when it goes into the know they is clips on the stem that catches it

knob

Thanks. One more question. Do you know why I can't see the broken stem when I pulled of the knob?
Is the stem part of the timer or part of the knob?

it fell into the timer itself