Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My bravos washer try’s to spin and the agitator starts

Customer Question
My bravos washer try’s...

My bravos washer try’s to spin and the agitator starts spinning fast and the tub stops spinning, sometimes it will even do this and start spinning backwards

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Mvwx655dw0 one year or so

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maby

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Some web site said it could b lid switch ?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

If the unit has started it is not the lid switch .

And you say one years or so is that how old the unit is ? and if so is if OVER 1 year old

Less than 2 Year’s for sure
Is the manufacturer warranty in place ?

ok so if during a spin sequence the agitator spins but the inner tub does not , you have a transmission the needs to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

This parts dealer has named the part incorrectly , stating it is a Ge refrigerator part
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

The tub spins along with the agitator, the for just a few seconds and repeats this 3 times then slows toa stop and repeats
I tried motor reset and no help

And the ,,
((few seconds and repeats this 3 times then slows toa stop and repeats)) this is the inner tub or the agitator also ?

Both
Why was I charged 24 dollars ??

I do not know on the charge you will need to contact the website that WE both are using for that answer .

and have you tries to unplug the unit for over 5 minutes to see if this might reboot the electronic control board ?

If not let`s unplug or turn the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes or more ,then give it power and see if it does the same thing .
This unplugging for 5 minutes or more will hopefully reboot the electronic control boards memory.
Let me know what it does.

Ok I’ll b back

no problem .